Saturday, July 23, 2011

Long Over due Update (I changed my title slightly, might change again later on)

Wow it really has been a long time since I updated. I'm going to try and give a brief synopsis on everything that has been happening. I'll go in chronilogical order, looks like the last main update was May 5th so I'll start after that.

I finally had my Baby Shower on May 7th. It was a small group of my friends but we had a good time. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures though!! The babies received a diaper bag, lot of cute outfits and necessities. We also received other items by mail... some of which were: blankets, bottle warmers, pitcher, books, and clothes.
8 weeks old (36 weeks Gestation)




May 8th - Mother's day. I got to spend the night with Jackson at the hospital. I was so scared and didn't get much sleep all night long! It was the first time I had seen him without any of his monitors.

May 9th - Jackson was circumcised. Then we got to take Jackson home!!  Addison has also started some of her feeds by bottle. :)


May 10th - Addison has been taking 20ml by bottle for the nurses. I got her to take 45ml tonight! The nurses said that the Dr's are just going to watch her PDA over the next 3-6 months and hope that it closes on it's own. So no surgery for now.  Once she takes all her feeds by bottle then she will get to come home. She will be coming home with an Apnea Monitor and on Oxygen.

Jackson is doing good at home. He took 3 oz  during one feeding for me!

May 11th - Jackson's first Ped appt. He is 6 pounds 11oz and 19 inches long! \\
May 12th - Jackson & Addison are 2 months old today!! Jackson: 19 inches long, 6 pounds 12oz. Addison: 18.7" long and 6 pounds 8 oz.  It is so hard leaving Addison at the hospital when Jackson is at home. I've missed seeing Addison 2 days since Jackson has been home because I have been extremely exhausted (to the point where I would fall asleep if I tried driving).


May 14th - Addison took 55ml by bottle and was wide awake after her feeding. She's getting to be such a big girl.

May 16th - Would have been in the 37th week gestation. Addison is 7 pounds 1 oz!! Still not taking all feeds by bottle yet.

May19th - Got the word that Addison will be coming home VERY soon!!
May 20th - OMG Addison is coming home tomorrow!!! Excited and Scared!

May 21st - Drove to the hospital at 9am... Had a meeting with the medical supply company on how to work the portable oxygen tanks and the apnea monitor. Addison's big oxygen tank was already delivered to the house. :)   After signing some paperwork we were finally able to leave the hospital with BOTH of our babies!


May 23rd - Hubbies and my 3rd wedding Anniversary. No we didn't go out and do anything


May 27th - I really love having my babies home. I can't wait till it either gets warmer outside, or the babies hold their temp better. We have to keep it really hot in the house so their temps don't dip down below 97 degrees.

May 30th - Jackson decided it would be fun to try waking every 2 hours during the night instead of every 4. Can you say exhausted?

May 31st - Well we traded both of our vehicles on a new Ford Flex. Now we can fit the whole family in one car.

June 3 - 18th - My mom came to visit. Jackson and Addison got to meet their Nana for the first time. I loved having mom here and really hate that my family lives so far away.
June 5th - The babies had someone other than mommy take their picture finally. (today was my due date)


June 12th - 3 Months old!!!!!!!!! Jackson 9 pounds. Addison 8lbs 14oz
June 17th - big sissy Brianna graduated from the 6th Grade. Congrats, mommy is so proud of you!
















Mommy feeding Addison


June 18th - I am so bummed, my mom is leaving today.


June 28th - Addison had a weight check. She is 10 pounds 11oz!!!!

July 1st -Awwww.... Jackson is starting to cry real tears. So cute and so heartbreaking at the same time
Had a scare with Addison, they wanted to do blood work to make sure all levels were normal since we were switching formula's. Well her pottassium level came back elevated so we had to go in again to get it re-tested. Thankfully the number went down. (I guess it can go up if they break down some of the red blood cells).


July 4th - the Babies first 4th of July! Happy Birthday America

July 5th - The babies are 1 month adjusted and almost 4 months actual age.
Addison had a follow up appointment with her pulmonologist today. He took her off the oxygen and the apnea monitor!!!! She is finally wire and tube free!!!

July 6th - Just one day off the oxygen and Addison is already acting like a different baby. She acts like she wants to get up and run around the house! She is much more alert and has been awake a lot more today too. :)

July 7th - Wow Jackson slept 6-7 hours in a row last night.

July 12th - The babies are 4 months old (Actual)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson has started to coo the last week. Both babies are smiling a lot each day!! They seemed to be enthralled with the ceiling fans too!!!

July 16th - I took some pictures off J & A today for 6 weeks adjusted/ 18 weeks actual since I didn't get a chance to when they were a month old. Addison is cooing now too. 






July 18th 4 Month well baby visit  - (6wk adj) stats: Jackson: 11 lbs 11 oz & Addison: 11 lbs 7 oz. Both are 22" long. Both in avg range for their adjusted age which is good. Developmentally: Jackson acts like a 3 month old (so slightly advanced for his adjusted age) and Addison acs like a 4-6 weeker (her adjusted age is 6 weeks so I'm happy). I knew they wouldn't be acting like 4 month old's yet.

July 20 - Took the whole family to the zoo with the Parenting NICU group from the hospital. I wouldn't let anyone touch the babies of course. They really didn't care for having to drink a fairly cool bottle. We had a good time. Course the babies won't remember any of it. 
PM:  Jackson is sounding hoarse. Weird. Time to call the Dr in the morning


July 21st - Took Jackson in to the Dr. He definitely has Thrush. She thinks his hoarseness is from the thrush. Course other possibilities are: Reflux or a virus starting.


July 23rd - Finally updating blog. LOL   Jackson is still on meds and it doesn't seem to have changed at all. He's not eating the 5oz he normally does per feeding either. He's down to 3 1/2 - 4 oz. At least he loves taking the medication (since we have to give it 4 times a day!!)







1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your blog - the babies are just absolutely GORGEOUS!! Great job, mom!!!

    ReplyDelete