I guess I'm not staying as up to date as I would have liked. I usually don't get time to even think about posting until after 1030pm at night.
Right now we are fighting colds. Jackson and I have had it the worst. He absolutely hates having his nose suctioned!! Course I don't blame him. He is on breathing treatments right now because when I took him in last Friday she heard a slight coarseness (I had thought we had heard wheezing so I took him in to be checked out). He also has an ear infection, his first one. My poor little guy. I hope he gets over this really quickly.
Addison has been doing good, she has a slight cough but her lungs are clear (I had her checked out Monday when I had to take Jackson back for his follow up).
Weight wise, Addison was 15 pounds 7 oz Monday and Jackson was 16 pounds 3 oz.
What they are doing:
Both babies have rolled from tummy to back a few times. They definitely don't do it consistently. They don't even really care to try and roll from back to tummy right now (they only like tummy time for about 5 minutes right now).
Addison is definitely a thumb sucker. She prefers her thumb to her binky more and more. Oh and she only uses her right thumb! She is grabbing toys with both hands though when on her floor mat. She will hold a rattle for a short bit. She uses her legs to lift her body off the ground (while laying on her back) and scoots to wherever she wants to go. She isn't really crazy about the jumparoo right now. She keeps her arms tucked in by her sides most of the time. Oh and she loves to try and grab her toes! Not only that but she loves to grab your hair too. She smiles ALL the time! She seems very happy most of the time. She doesn't like to cuddle as much as Jackson does but sometimes I wonder if that's because of being in the hospital a couple weeks longer and then being on oxygen when she came home.
Eating wise, she eats about 6 oz at a time, generally 4 times a day. I let her taste green beans, she did alright with them but I don't think she was really that crazy about them. She will sleep through the night, just getting her down is the hard part. She falls asleep easily in the swing but once we lay her down in her crib she ends up waking up after a bit. That is something we really have to work on.
Jackson likes to put his fingers in his mouth but he isn't a true thumb sucker right now. He still uses his binky during bedtime mostly. He typically doesn't take it throughout the day. He definitely seems to have a right hand preference. He uses his right hand all the time and left only occasionally. He grabs and plays with toys as well. He will hold the rattle and has even started putting it in his mouth. When I hold him on the couch (next to the end table) he will swipe whatever he can off the table and on to the floor! He scoots around on the floor also but doesn't lift himself as high as Addison. He tries to grab his toes occasionally but he doesn't get his legs as high as Addison does. He absolutely LOVEs the Jumparoo. He's fallen asleep in it twice so far. (the first time I freaked out! I didn't think he was sleeping). He grabs your clothes alot and hair too.
Eating wise, he was eating 6 oz 4 times a day until he got sick. For a couple of days we were lucky to get 3 oz at a time down. The most we are getting him to take is 5 oz now and that's not consistent. We have put rice cereal in his bottles a couple of times. He seems to take it pretty well so we might try more often when he's past this mucus so we can see if it helps with his reflux anymore. I've also given him a taste of green beans (he didn't spit them out too much so I was surprised). He has also tried applesauce which he loves!
I bought them costumes for Halloween. I can't wait to take pictures of them in them. We will probably only take them to a couple of houses (people we know in the neighborhood) to show them off. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment