Friday, August 20, 2010

Frustrating....

Tell me... why is it so hard to have a consultation with someone to help share your experience?

I went to see my Hematologist yesterday for my Mastocytosis (excess mast cells). We were talking about the previous miscarriages and the up coming FET. I told her about my elevated CRP level and that a cardiologist has checked out my heart and that my heart is fine. So now my Primary things it's something to do with the immune system which means it could be my Masto. I talked about how we are trying the low dose steroid this time but that the RE wants me to stop it the day of transfer. Well she said she wanted me to go talk to a High Risk OB. Ok no problem! I agree. So I get my Referral and I called them this morning. Well the Perinatologist refuse to consult with me until AFTER I have a first Trimester Viable Pregnancy.

Well DUH this is my problem!!! I am trying everything I can to get OUT of the first Trimester! So why can't they just see me, say yeah you've obviously have had issues and I agree that continuing the steroid might help. I'm not asking for a guarantee... just help me figure out what I can try to get out of the first trimester!

Well I decided to call my OB and consult with her. I at least have an appt with her on Aug 30th. Someone just needs to be able to tell me how to keep these stupid mast cells under control during the first trimester. Can I take a low dose steroid? Can I even take an allergy med ? Something!!

Ok that's my vent for the day. Other than that I'm still on BCP.... Last day of these should be 8/24. Then I have my baseline u/s on 8/27. FET is less than a month away now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment