Friday, March 5, 2010

The 2WW (2 week wait)

Ok in a normal month the 2ww (2 week wait) is pretty agonizing for a women that has been trying to get pregnant for a long time. See we tend to know exactly when we ovulate and exactly when our period is supposed to come. Some of even love to torture ourselves more and will test early; sometimes ever day and other sometimes every other day. Yes HPTs (home pregnancy tests) can detect very small amounts of HCG. I've had some pick up when my blood test came back at 13. I am definitely one of those women who have a POAS habit (pee on a stick). With all of the miscarriages I've had I like to compare the lines on the test from one day to the next. If it was dark one day and got a lot lighter in following days, I knew it was over. We like to see them continually get darker!!! Ideally one should only test every other day because the Dr's like to see the hormone (HCG) double every 48 hours. If you test daily and your doubling rate isn't 24 hours then you won't see much of a change... that only leads to stress (Trust me!!!).

Ok I'm rambling... I know I haven't even updated in the last couple days. Honestly there wasn't a whole lot to talk about. I was obsessing though in my own kind of way. I decided to test out my trigger... I started with a faint line at 5dpo and watched it get lighter. Well yesterday (9dpo - which is 9 days past ovulation... which in my case is also 6 days past a 3day transfer)... I decided to test again... this is what I got.




If you don't have POAS goggles it might be hard to see the really faint line on the 9dpo test... Here is one I took a little closer...
See it's really faint... Now you know why we obsess! Could this really be real? Is it an Evap (a false +)... I didn't want to publish yesterday until I had confirmed what I was really seeing. yes that means I tested again today (10dpo now).

I would say this is quite a bit darker than yesterday. I didn't even have to turn the test different ways in order to make sure it showed up on the camer. So yes I am Pregnant!!! My beta test
is scheduled for Wednesday March 10th. (Beta test = blood test to detect the amount of HCG or pregnancy hormone that is in the blood). I am praying for a large number!! I am also praying very hard that the embryologist picked 2 very healthy embryo's and that my body allows this pregnancy to continue full term. The thought of actually being able to hold our baby in my arms is bringing tears to my eyes!!

I will probably test again tomorrow. After that I will TRY to do it only every other day until the test line is darker than the control line. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment