Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm still here....

I know I haven't been posting... honestly I really haven't done much talking on the phone either. Friday was rough... Saturday and Sunday I think I was just numb. I tried not to think much.

Monday the 12th was the D&C. Everything went like it was supposed to. They said I didn't have any problems with the anethesia (which is always a good thing when you have Mastocytosis (excess mast cells which can cause allergic reactions basically).

I asked how long the pathology report will take to get back... a very long 6-8 weeks. In the meantime I am going to call the insurance company to see if they will cover a Karyotype test on David. That is just a blood test to see if he has any obvious genetic issues. That only takes 2 weeks to come back... course he won't be home from his business trip until next Wednesday.

After the karyotype results come back then we will have a visit with the Dr to discuss FET (frozen embryo transfer). It definitely is not as big an ordeal as a fresh IVF. Basically I just have to take estrogen and progesterone to make sure my lining is ready for implantation.

Right now I am planning on the FET being the last time we try to conceive. I can't keep going through all of this. 10 losses in 3 years has just brought me to my breaking point. (12 losses total).

I also will not put any expectations out there for the FET... why should I. They weren't sure about our 3 precious embryo's on day 3 when they were fresh (these were the 10, 13 & 14 cell embies). They normally only see an embryo up to 10 cells max on day 3... I have even tried looking online and can't really find anything about 13 and 14 cell embies on day 3. So even though they did make it to blast stage on day 5 (which for a normal embryo is a really good thing)... we honestly don't know the true health of these embryo's. Only time will tell. So while I am hoping these 3 little embryo's will finally give us a healthy baby we can bring home and hold in our arms. Right now I'm too scared to expect too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment