Thursday, September 16, 2010

1 more day

Wow time sure has flown by lately. That can be both a good and bad thing I guess depending on what it's for. Course Brianna has a sore throat this morning... I'm taking her to the Dr to make sure it's not Strep. Just what we would need right at transfer. At least I'm on antibiotics right now. If it is strep, hopefully those will protect me.

Thankfully the PIO shots have been better yesterday and today. I barely felt the needle going in this time. I made sure he moved over a little more to the right than where he was sticking before. I also took a hot wash cloth and warmed the site a few minutes before hand too. I also made sure to bend over the counter vs standing straight up! I keep saying ok inject it slow (I think this is irritating him, LOL). Then I have him massage it really hard for a minute or so since he can put different pressure than I can. I also have not sat or laid down right away afterwards. I make sure I stand/walk around for at least 5 or 10 minutes. Yesterday I just stayed up and started work early. This morning I was so tired I had to go back to bed.

Other than that I'm still on all the different vitamins, antibiotics, dexamethasone (steroid), acid reflux meds, PIO (of course) and Estrogen patches. I'm down to 2 patches every 2 days (that reminds me, I need to change them today). I haven't seen the movie yet, but on the previews for Sex in the City 2... where she is taking a palm full of pills. Yea that's me right now. The day of transfer will be the last day for the antibiotics.. but other than that I will be continuing the rest. I believe I stay on Estrogen patches until we see a heartbeat... and the PIO until 10-12 weeks.

I am so excited for tomorrow. To finally be PUPO again! I keep thinking positive. Not just telling myself positive things either. I actually FEEL positive now. Not sure what has changed but it's nice. I'll sometimes say things like, when we see their heartbeats... after 6 weeks I'll at least walk on the treadmill. Things like that. And they just come out... I don't force myself to talk that way. Kind of like it's a gut feeling. I hope it's accurate.

On a different note, I'm thinking of one of my friends today. She just went through IVF and unfortunately the baby implanted in her Tube. Not as common with IVF but it does happen. She had the Methotrexate shot last week to dissolve it... but unfortunately it didn't work. Her beta went from 4000 to 16000 so they did an ultrasound and saw the baby, heartbeat and all in her left tube. So I am praying for her today as she goes through Emergency surgery to remove both her tubes (they can't get pregnant without IVF so at least removing the tubes will prevent future ectopics). I really do feel for her... seeing the heartbeat makes it so much worse because you know the baby is actually alive. The miscarriages I had where we didn't get to the heartbeat stage, weren't nearly as bad (don't get me wrong, they were still really bad) as the ones where our baby had a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment