Saturday, September 18, 2010

6DPO - Yesterday was Transfer day

Yesterday we had our transfer at 3pm! I got the call around 11am that all 3 blasts thawed and all were surviving! I was so happy and pleasantly surprised! Of course having a transfer at 3pm made the day go by really slowly!! So I had my shower (with non-scented soaps and shampoos for the most part), ate lunch and started drinking water a little before 2pm. I took my valium at 2pm like I was supposed to as well. You are supposed to drink 1 1/2 L of water but by the time we were half way to Seattle I knew that wouldn't be possible. I basically had to clench my legs together and walking to the office from the car was fun! I really had to pee! LOL.

They took me in the transfer room and one of the embryologists came in. She gave me a picture of my babies. :) We also talked about them a bit. She said that since they dehydrate embryo's when they freeze them and have to rehydrate upon thawing that it normally is a 4 hour process. She said my little ones rehydrated within 2 hours! Said they are quite the over achievers. They performed the assisted hatching (the shells on the embryo's are typically tougher after freezing) so that it would help them hatch. By the time we got there 1 had already hatched all the way out of the shell and the other 2 were halfway done!!

Before we could transfer they had to let me use the restroom because my bladder was TOO full!! Have you ever had an extremely full bladder and had to stop mid stream. So hard!!! She almost made me go back and do more but instead went and got the Dr and said ok we have to transfer now! My Dr. came in and gave me a hug. We talked a bit... I told her how I've been worried about the baby aspirin, she said she was actually happy about me being on it.

Well transfer went well... they transferred all 3 Blasts. Of course you have to lay there for 20 minutes afterwards. Then you are allowed to get up and relieve your bladder! Woohoo! LOL

About an hour or so after the transfer I started having cramping. I can't remember if I had that with the first IVF cycle. I am just praying that it was the hatched embryo already implanting. It let up for a little bit and then was even stronger around 5 hours after transfer.

I have been sitting around watching TV and such all day. I have had cramping off and on all day today too. I guess technically I'm around 6dpo... Beta will be on 15dpo so 9 more days. wish us luck!! come on babies implant!

No comments:

Post a Comment