Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9/14/10

Not a very catchy title I know...

Well we have been doing the PIO shots since Sunday. I should take a picture of the needle one of these days. It's a 22 gauge 1 1/2" long needle. And Yes... it does have to go ALL the way in your bum!! My backside hurts already and it's only been 3 injections. The muscles are in knots. Might explain why it hurt so friggin bad this morning when David jabbed the needle in!!! Yes I did cuss out loud. Didn't mean to but it just flew out of my mouth.

Other than the sore bum I guess things are going along fine. I was so emotional yesterday (poor David got the brunt of it). Today wasn't so bad (thank goodness). I'm still working out, at least until Thursday! I'm down almost 30 pounds (it fluctuates 28-30 pounds every couple of days). I feel so much better, I hope it helps with the pregnancy.

I'm trying to stay as positive as possible. I keep talking (to myself and others) as yes I will be pregnant as of Friday and I will stay pregnant. Wow Friday... that is so close!!

2 comments:

  1. Popping in from LFCA--I feel your pain, literally. I just finished 11 weeks of PIO. After the first few days, I never thought I would make it. A few things I learned: in the beginning, we iced the spot before the injection. I found that made the pain worse later. Two days of soreness was not worth 30 seconds of the needle in my rear. After the shot, I used a hot, wet washcloth to massage the area for a few minutes. I often followed that by a little walk around the house and a hot shower (with some more massaging again). Hopefully you can find something that works for you! What you really need is for DH to do what mine did--he accidentally hit a nerve at some point and my left side was completely numb for 8+ weeks (it still is). Shots on numb night were my favorite! :)

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!! I'm starting BCP's on my next cycle at the end of this month. I saw your blog link on Fertility Friend and read all the posts. All I can say is wow, you've been thru a lot and you are so positive! I need a little of that.

    We have male infertility issues and are doing IVF with ICSI. I can say that after reading your blog I feel more prepared to go thru this.

    FX!!

    ReplyDelete