Saturday, April 30, 2011

7 weeks old

Well my babies are 7 weeks old today!! I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already since they were born on 27w6d. (they'll be 35weeks gestation Sunday)

Jackson is 5 pounds 13oz and Addison is 5 pounds 10oz. They are both 17 - 17 1/4 inches long.

Addison is still on the canula...I can't wait for the day that she doesn't need that anymore. She tends to go 48-72 hours without a BM... not sure what that is about. She sucks on her binky occasionally and will cue every once in a awhile but not all the time, so we haven't tried breast feeding or bottle yet. She did pass her hearing test today!!

Jackson passed his hearing test a week ago. He is taking at least 50% of his feeds by bottle/breast. So the Nurse Practitioner today said he will start going on Demand feeding this week. I fed him by breast today (he took 24 of his 50ml by breast) and then he was exhausted so we tube fed him the rest. He tends to fall asleep faster when BF then he does when he gets a bottle. The NP said that as soon as he goes to demand feeding he will likely go home in a weeks time. So he could be home in a week!! Assuming he doesnt' brady of course this week (he had a brady this evening when he refluxed.)

Sometimes I feel guilty holding one baby more than the other. Some days it happens unintentionally (depending on when I get to the hospital and how long I stay there). Their care is an hour apart. Addison is on 12 - 3- 6- 9 schedule and Jackson is on 1 -4 -7 -10 schedule. So if I get there at 3pm then I do Addison's care, hold her until close to 4 and then start Jackson's care and hold him for about an hour (sometimes longer). So unless I skip Jackson's care, then I can generally only hold Addison for a little less than an hour at a time. Sometimes I will only hold Jackson the hour and then spend the hour of free time pumping or taking pictures of both. 


Course then there is my 12 year old... she feels neglected sometimes with all the time I have to spend at the hospital and all the stuff the babies are getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment