Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Suppression check day

Definition of Flexible:
• capable of being changed; "flexible schedules"
• able to flex; able to bend easily;
• elastic: able to adjust readily to different conditions;
• compromising: making or willing to make concessions;

I learned today that you definitely have to be flexible through this whole process. I went in for my suppression check. My ovary looks good, approximately 9-10 follicles are resting quietly (she didn’t sit there and count them all individually. At least I don’t think she did… so maybe there are more). There were no cysts (Thank you!!). If there had been a cyst that would have pushed off the cycle. I also had my blood drawn to check my Estradiol level. Well it came back at 64. They like to see it under 50 so unfortunately I am not able to start the stims yet. (AF should bring it down so I need tons of AF vibes at the moment! What women ever wishes for that? LOL)

They will call me back tomorrow to see if AF arrived. If not then I will likely have to go back in on Friday for another ultrasound and another blood draw.

Another thing I did find out today. The Lab they use for the PGD screening test does not bill anyone’s insurance company. They wanted me to pay up front and then get reimbursed (upfront payment is $3000… insurance should then pay $2400 of that). Well I wasn’t comfortable with that so the Dr office is looking around for another Lab that will bill my insurance company for me. Worse case scenario we just proceed with the IVF and don’t do the PGD screening. What does that mean? Well our chance of miscarriage will increase a bit since there won’t be any chromosome testing. But since the embryologist has 20+ years of experience I am Hoping they are good enough to choose the right embryo’s to put back in. I might even consider putting back 3 embryo’s vs 2 just to increase our odds of having at least 1 stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment