Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trigger!!

Ok I have to say tonight was one of the injections I was really dreading. I had David give me my Trigger of HCG tonight (it had to be an IM (intra muscular) injection). You should have seen the size of that needle!! (25 gauge and looked 2-3 inches long)!!!! Ok I'm exaggerating, it was only 1 1/2 inches long. I about chickened out and was ready to say I couldn't do it!! I just kept reminding myself of the goal.

Believe it or not I really didn't feel the needle going in. I tried to make sure I was taking a deep breath in when he was going to stick me! That seemed to help. Course the meds burned a bit but I do have to say it was way worse in my head than it was in real life.

Hmmm should I test out my trigger?? For those that don't know, the trigger shot will give you a positive pregnancy test. A lot of us POAS addicts (pee on a stick addicts) like to test early. If I test out my trigger than I will know when the real deal happens!

Egg retrieval is set for 845am Tuesday February 23rd.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously light headed after reading all of that. Queezy more like it. Continuing to pray with you and for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete